Commercial Auto Insurance in League City, Tx
Commercial auto insurance is necessary to cover your vehicles that are used for your business. It covers those company vehicles in case of physical damage and then has liability coverage, all similar to that of a standard personal auto insurance. This type of business insurance covers a variety of vehicles so can cover one car or truck you use for your business or a fleet of vehicles. Harbour Insurance Services is here to help you with your League City business needs to be sure your company vehicles are covered appropriately.
Why Commercial Auto Insurance?
If a vehicle is used for tasks related to the operator's occupation, profession or business, other than commuting, a commercial policy is required.
- Do you transport goods or people and charge a fee?
- Do you use your car to conduct a paid service?
- Do you haul tools or equipment necessary for your business - such as a plumber, HVAC, maintenance worker, etc?
- Is ownership of the vehicle you use in the name of a corporation or partnership?
- Do you need higher limits of liability due to the nature of your business and work?
- Do you tow a trailer needed for your work?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, you may need a commercial auto insurance policy.
What does Commercial Auto Insurance cover?
As noted above, commercial auto insurance is similar to that of your personal car insurance policy. It provides coverages such as liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments (or personal injury protection) and uninsured motorists coverage to Texas businesses.
However, it should be known that there are definitely differences between your personal car insurnace policy and a commercial auto insurance policy. We would happy to discuss with you the differences of each policy so you are sure you understand what is covered and with what limits, exclusions and the like.
Most commercial auto policies are "named driver only" policies, meaning only those drivers listed on the policy can operate a covered auto.
- Bodily injury liability coverage – pays for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and provides you with a legal defense.
- Property damage liability coverage – provides you with protection if your car accidentally damages another persons property. It also provides you with a legal defense.
- Combined single limit (CSL) – Liability policies typically offer separate limits that apply to bodily injury claims for property damage. A combined single limits policy has the same dollar amount of coverage per covered occurrence whether bodily injury or property damage, one person or several.
- Medical payments, no-fault or Personal Injury Coverage – usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your car incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage – pays for your injuries and, in some circumstances, certain property damage caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. In some cases, underinsured motorist coverage is also included. This is for cases in which the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage – pays for damage to or replacement of your car from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils.
- Collision coverage – pays for damage to your car when it hits or is hit by another object.
Commercial Auto Insurance with Harbour Ins. Services
We know you have options with where to place your insurance and we know you also have various options with how to cover your commercial vehicles. Insurance can be quite confusing; however, we know commercial insurnace and we know Texas and we can help get your commercial car or fleet covered with the required and appropriate coverage to meet your business needs.
We are located in League City but happy to help all neighboring cities, such as Webster, Dickinson, Clear Lake and so on. Contact us at (281) 520-4090 to get your free quote or with any commercial insurance questions you may have.